Costa Rica Waterfalls

In Costa Rica, dozens of mountain springs, streams, and rivers snake through the forest, and with so much freshwater, Costa Rica has managed to meet a significant portion of its energy needs through the generation of hydroelectric power. As runoff moves through lush terrain on its way out to sea, hundreds of cascading waterfalls can be found throughout the rainforests and mountainous areas. Numerous waterfalls are unknown or remain closed to the public, but many breath-taking ones make great destinations for a day hike and refreshing afternoon swim."

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. Recently, I have planned Costa Rica Vacations, hopefully I'll be seeing some of the wonderful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the waterfall, thats amazing. and your layout, I would love to see all of those animals. I'm thinking about putting together a trip to Costa Rica very soon. I would love to go Costa Rica sportfishing. It seems exciting. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! My husband and I have been looking at jaco condo rentals for sometime this year and I am very excited to hear about so many unexplored waterfalls! One of our favorite things to do is go hiking so I'm sure we'll discover a few! Hopefully we can take an afternoon dip! Sounds refreshing...thanks for the great info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whats also nice about the waterfalls, is that you can go swimming. My wife and I had a blast last time we visited Costa Rica. Every we we travel at least 3 times to CR, traveling all over.

    ReplyDelete

Costa Rica News

Costa Rica

Digital-Domination